Welcome from Powered by Data!

(Michael Lenczner) #1

Hi everyone!

My name is Michael, and I’ll be your other community host. I’m the Founding Director of Powered by Data; we’re a nonprofit that works with government, nonprofits, and funders to help them better share, use, and learn from data.

Along with Lorraine Chuen, Powered by Data’s Communications Lead, over the next few weeks I’ll be posting about some of the exciting opportunities presented by data in the philanthropic and social sector. We’ll discuss the utility of making grants data openly available, talk about how administrative data could help evaluate outcomes of social programs, and explore the power of data to support evidence-based policy. We’ll also look at best standards for data sharing, and discuss how we can bring an equity and inclusion lens to conversations around data in the social sector.

We’re hoping this can be a space for open dialogue, asking questions, and sharing ideas. We’re excited to be part of building this community and we’re looking forward to hearing from all of you.

Michael