Webinar: Financial Resilience in Times of Change

webinar
resources
(Daniella McIntosh) #1

Join Betty Ferreira, Founder and Principal Consultant of ReStructure Consulting, as she discusses the principles of financial resilience in times of change during an upcoming webinar on March 6th.

The webinar recording will be available on the Knowledge Centre after the webinar and the full slide deck is available for download here.

1 Like
(Chelsea Carss) #2

If you’re looking for the tools and templates referenced in the Financial Resilience in Times of Change webinar, you can find them on Betty’s website here: https://www.restructure.ca/

1 Like
(bcoleman-tso) #4

Hi Betty - I am unable to access the file with the link. Can you please try uploading it again?

(Betty Ferreira) #5

I will ask OTF to link to it from the ONN Driven Skills Capacity page.

1 Like
(Betty Ferreira) #7

Feel free to email me at betty@restructure.ca for the free Financial Resilience Guide.

(Daniella McIntosh) #8

Hi everyone,
Here is the link to download the Financial Resilience Guide.

Financial Resilience_ReStructure Consulting 2018.pdf (161.5 KB)

3 Likes
(Katherine McLeod) #9

Morning,

I looked at the PDF - thanks for providing. But is there an example/template for a Narrative Report and is there a list of questions that I can provide to the board to encourage them to ask questions?

1 Like
(Betty Ferreira) #10

Hello everyone - I took some time this week to update the “Financial Questions Board Members Should Ask” document. Take a look at it attached.

Tips:

1. Share the document with your Treasurer and the Finance Committee before you share it with board members as they will want to know the questions in advance to help prepare.

2. Send each board member a copy by email so they can read the list of questions in advance and always have an electronic copy to refer to

3. Print enough copies for all board members and bring it to the board meeting. Remember that board members are busy and may not always remember to bring the handouts with them so best to have a copy for each member.

4. Carve out a minimum of 15 minutes per board meeting for board members to get comfortable with asking questions. Try this for at least 4 meetings to see if the board becomes comfortable enough with the questions that they no longer need 15 minutes as they are able to remember the questions and ask them by memory.

5. Always keep the questions available at every meeting as there are a variety of topics in the list of questions that will not always be on the agenda and so you want to ensure that the list of questions are always available when you decide to talk about the upcoming budget, investments, cash flow forecasting, etc.

6. Share the list of questions with other organizations that you feel might benefit.

7. Share your success stories with me! I would like to hear about how the comfort level at the board improves, how discussions become more robust and the impact of decisions that are made with knowledge that was gained from finance related discussions. I can be reached at betty@restructure.ca

Financial Questions Board Members Should Ask 2019.pdf (106.4 KB)

2 Likes