Hi everyone, my name is Jennifer and I’m excited to be the new host here at #OpenOTF. I’m OTF’s Business Intelligence Lead, which means I spend a lot of my time thinking about and working with data.
Although every organization collects data, a lot of us (OTF included!) don’t always know how to make the most of the data available to us. I’d love for this to be a forum where we can share our thoughts, resources, and practices for working with and using data to better understand the challenges our communities face and how to address them. So, please feel free to share data-related ideas beyond the open data space and, of course, feel free to introduce yourselves. I’m looking forward to connecting with and learning from you all!
For a little more about me:
- I grew up in Scarborough, Ontario, but have also spent time living in Montreal and Boston. I’m now happily back in Toronto.
- I graduated from teacher’s college hoping to be a high school math teacher.
- My family is Malaysian/Singaporean-Chinese (not the crazy rich kind from the movies).
- I love pastries, and am still searching for the perfect croissant.
- This book about the intersection of power and equity issues in data is the one read I can’t stop thinking and talking about.
Update: I am now on Twitter, keep updated by following me @JenniferLooi