Launch of OTF's Knowledge Centre - Welcome!

(Thea Silver) #1

And we are go for launch!! After months (and months!) of planning – and thanks to the hard work of many – OTF’s Knowledge Centre is finally live. We are so excited to welcome you to this space for sharing, learning and discussing topics that are important to our community as we work to make Ontario (and beyond!) a vibrant and inclusive place for us all to live.

It seems like we are at a pivotal moment in time for the environmental movement. Climate change, protected areas, Indigenous knowledge, nature connections, diversity in the sector, and so many other issues are driving momentum. I’m hoping we can together explore these and other critical issues, and find ways to enhance learning, sharing, dialogue, debate – all to strengthen our work and our impact.

You already know about me from my earlier Welcome Post. I’ve been at OTF for four years now, but have spent close to 25 in the environmental sector (I like to say I started when I was 15!!). I’m a parent of three teens, lover of the outdoors, proud Canadian, and very proud Leafs fan.

But what about you? Please take a moment to introduce yourself! Let us know about the work you are doing, issues of interest to you, and how this online “community of practice” could help you in your work. As I said earlier, this space will be what we all, together, make it!

I look forward to meeting you online! Thea

(Thea Silver) #2